Before I go on with the story - it should be said that we love food. I mean, we love eating out. Let's make that bold! We love eating out. We love new restaurants. We love to try restaurants off the beaten path. To fast food, we say nay! To mom and pop joints and fine cuisine establishments, we say yay! We love food. (I think I heard my stomach growl in agreement as I typed that.)
Back to the story - Steph and I exchange several text messages and agree to meet up at the new diner in Desloge. I arrive first, get seated, and immediately give her a call to let her know I'm there, patiently waiting, slurping down a Diet Coke, and examining the menu closely. She and our son Chase had to drop off our daughter Mercedes at dance practice so they are a few minutes behind me (Side Note - Mercedes loves food just like her parents so we tell Chase to keep this restaurant experience a secret between the three of us.). Steph and Chase arrive as I'm half way through drinking my first glass of soda. Before I give Chase my phone to play games on, I "check in" via Facebook and Twitter. Steph "checks in" on Facebook as well.
Within seconds of us "checking in," before we even order, we're hit with comments, "likes," and several text messages. It's our friends. They are asking us about the restaurant, about the food, and about the service and experience. It's in these moments that we get what we think is a super great idea - let's start a restaurant review blog! We tend to be the friends out of our friends who enjoy trying new restaurants. We tend to be the friends out of our friends who recommend restaurants to others. Why not make a blog to share our passion for food? Why not make a blog and talk about the best places to eat in St. Francois County? Why not? To blogging about food, we say yay! Welcome to Dining Out with Chris and Steph - Discovering good eats in St. Francois County.
-Chris
-Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment